P4P: Nurturing Supportive Relationships: The Foundation to a Secure Future
Partners for Planning
Nurturing Supportive Relationships: The Foundation to a Secure Future
In an ideal world, a supportive network of people would be readily available to our son or daughter with a disability. At P4P, we believe that one cannot truly experience community without being engaged in reciprocal relationships with other members of the community. Building a network of support is a good first step in ensuring that individuals are engaged in nurturing and supportive relationships that promote personal autonomy.
What you’ll learn:
- A variety of strategies that increase opportunities for your loved one, to develop long-term reciprocal relationships.
- The benefits of developing friendships through shared interests and passions.
- Tips and strategies for creating and sustaining a personal support network.
- An overview of Microboards and their long-term benefits.
- Access to a variety of video profiles featuring individuals with a developmental disability and their support networks.
- A digital workbook filled with free resources and practical next steps that will support you in taking action.
Webcast – Tuesday, May 4, 7:00 p.m. — 8:00 p.m.
To register click here: https://www.planningnetwork.ca/events/nurturing-supportive-relationships